Sunday, April 12, 2015

365 DAYS LOST; LETTER FROM A CAPTIVE.













LETTER FROM A CAPTIVE
(Remembering the Chibok Girls)

I was born, a baby girl.
Papa called me Jamila and mama combed my hair in jelly curls.
Years and years and I’d grow up soon
I’s taught destiny’s paths transverse sound schools


But fate plunged me in trying surfs
By planting me in Chibok Girls
Poor people all attend poor schools
My famous self then, was Chibok-groomed

…There, destiny deserted my destined dreams…

I lost my fate, my faith, my home.
With friends, with captors, I’s alone.
But when we bled we bled as one,
Cursed, we prayed to die with dawn.

Many such prayers many such pleas,
 Were answered as through forest trees,
We roamed, farther from father and mother’s breast
And they? They sought me with waning zest.

Three sixty five days and counting…
I’m hid in some strange county
Married to a man who’s married to cows,
And treats me like the rest of the cows.

But he’s better father than fatherland,
Who forgot my story ere it ever began,
Playing games that never once saved,
When my lovers mourned an empty grave.

By
NWOKOLO GABRIEL CHINWUBA

LordTsagE



Your comments are like butter to my bread.. Pleeeaaassssseeee don't starve me!!! Follow us on twiter HERE like our page on facebook HERE Share this post to your friends, families.enemies infact everyone. FMB loves you.


Nosakhare favour osayuwamen

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm...sad. I hope the fate of these girls changes. Always we mourn, we remember and pray. Is there no clue as to where they are?

    ReplyDelete

For Guest Posts and Adverts, send an email to favourmoyse@gmail.com or call +2347038888290.

Contact Check!

  I remembered l have a blog today again. Not like today is the first day this has crossed my mind, but l decided to visit this site today a...