Sunday, February 25, 2018

SOCIAL MEDIA HEADACHE






Validation!!! Everyone seeks it. From friends, colleagues, families and loved ones. But now, we seek it more on social media. Lately, I've had to take a step back and examine my motive for doing things and unfortunately 80% has been for selfish reasons. The struggle to be accepted, valued, liked and held in high esteem. 
I usually tell my friends that whenever I post pictures online it's just because l want to save up memories and put them in the cloud. But for some time now, its been because l just want people to have the impression that I am game and doing well. Hair on fleek, career on fleek, family on fleek,  In fact Life on fleek. But that’s not the truth. 

And the truth is the more you try to prove you are good, the emptier you feel.  I've been tempted to post pictures and status but I'm quick to ask myself "what’s the motive for this?" Do l have a particular person in mind for this picture? Is this a sub? Is this a response to a friend who just posted a picture of her outside the country ? Why l'm I subtly competing with people l have no idea about their battles? 

When the Tonto Dikeh saga started, someone commented "that is how l kept saying l tap into your blessings not knowing what she was going through, abeg l won't tap again o" l thought that was funny. Sadly, it's the truth. People see what they want us to and we are really gullible to want to be, talk, walk, dress, act and if possible clone them. So ask yourself if l don’t post pictures for a month will i die? Will l lose friends? Will my self worth still be intact? Will l feel as if l were missing out on life? 
I took a break in order to save myself and when l do come back, It will be a healthier me.

So we are back . Thanks to everyone that kept checking. 


Your comments are like butter to my bread.. Pleeeaaassssseeee don't starve me!!! Follow us on twiter HERE like our page on facebook HERE follow us on instagram HERE . Share this post to your friends, families, enemies infact everyone. FMB loves you.

Osayuwamen Favour Nosakhare




No comments:

Post a Comment

For Guest Posts and Adverts, send an email to favourmoyse@gmail.com or call +2347038888290.

Contact Check!

  I remembered l have a blog today again. Not like today is the first day this has crossed my mind, but l decided to visit this site today a...